Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Comic World 27

This year's Comic World ran for two days! I went back to Hong Kong this week so I attended on Sunday - Day 2. In past years the convention took up two halls, while this year there was only one hall. I think the quality of the art was a little better last year during Comic World 26 (or perhaps I missed all the good stuff that sold on Day 1.) Still, the splitting of the convention into 2 days definitely made the crowds more managable and the wait quicker! Anyway, it was still pretty fun overall. Without further ado, the arts!
I didn't buy that many actual books this time - these few that I did get, I'm very satisfied with, though! On the top is a collaborated art book by the artist group Y9 - all Hong Kong based artists.I'm not really a huge fan of Death Note anymore, but ohman this folder was TOO CUTE to resist! I'm a sucker for these colorful cartoony prints!And of course, my favorite part of any doujin con - the badges! Ilovethesethings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cuson is such a great artist. did you meet him there? some of what you bought is by him.
regardless, i hope you had fun!

Janice said...

Cuson is my idol. Yeah, I think most of Y9 was there, and I believe he was the gentleman in the baseball cap. XD