Sunday, May 18, 2008

life sketches, birds and CRACKers

I have quite a bit of art to post today!

On Friday we went to Tung Ping Chau. I sketched people on the boat.
Not very much likeness in these, but I suppose I was aiming just to practice drawing the gestures/expressions quickly in ink, not really trying to copy their features.

Why are there so many more males? There are a number of reasons.

1) Guys have more of a tendency to sit still.

2) If I get caught by the person I'm drawing, I don't need to worry about drawing them ~*prettyfully*~.

3) Guys don't even notice that I'm looking at them! XD

Anyways! I decided I want to design a new gryphon character. Just toying with the bird half here. And finally, here is a silly doodle Squish and I did last week!

4 comments:

leyla said...

You know, I was told to draw people from life xD
Too bad I can't find a /safe/ place with lots of people to just sit there and draw. Maybe if I can get to the beach this year...
But your gestures and stuff look really really good. x0 <3 LovetotheWolfie.

oh, and crackers.
I guess you no longer feel GUILTY.

Anonymous said...

OI I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.

guys are so wonderful and lovely to stalkerdraw for me because they're either sleeping or they just don't move.

girls usually give me weird looks. :[

and and. i love your birds! so pretty. i think i've contracted the bird fetish from leyla.

Anonymous said...

OMG WOLFIE.
i saw just saw ur drawings today and whoa. AMAZINNG :)

and ps, the guys look just as they are hahaha
and O_O i think we were drawing some same people hahah (looking back in my sketchbook) but i can recognize KYIIITTT, calvin, jeff l, george, victor, marco and eunice tan? i dont know cause i can only see the body for that one :)

Janice said...

AWW thank you :D You got everyone right!! Cept that's Yi Li, not ET, but yesh :3

But who are you anyway? XDD