Saturday, September 6, 2008

the big Vancouver art dump

Well, I decided to get off my butt and upload the stuff I did in art camp in July. Pardon the image quality of a lot of these... the pictures don't fit in my scanner, and my camera shots were of less than desirable quality XD;

My bag, done in conte:
Arm and foot studies, drawing from a male nude model. His name was Steve and he was kinda tubby and seemed like a nice guy.
Homework assignment: Design a poster for your own imaginary movie. Mine is an animation film about an octopus mama who needs a chill pill! 8D
Drawings with acrylic paint, done from a female model.
Study of male model's face in acrylics:
Charcoal drawing from a different female model.
Homework - do a portrait of a classmate:
I asked the model to pose for me for this one (I was sitting in a chair propped up above her XD)
There is some other stuff I haven't uploaded as well, but this is most of the better drawings :) That is all. It was a really awesome course!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy hell they let you do nudes?!
god. lucky!

i really REALLY like these. especially the red one with the woman whited out. that one is freaking sweet.

and i also like the third charcoal.

but good god these are all great!

Janice said...

I know I know! The nude model sessions were definitely the most worthwhile... it's so great to have a live person in front of you to copy from.

leyla said...

JANICE. MAKE YOUR COMMENTS POP UP IN A NEW WINDOW AGAIN SO I CAN SCROLL AND COMMENT ON INDIVIDUAL PIECES.
Meanieee.

Poor octopi. :<

Whoa, you sure took advantage of those acrylics. o_o

That classmate is super pretty. o-o

YOU ARE SO LUCKY FOR BEING ABLE TO DO NUDES. =3=
I might actually buy a separate sketchbook to do nudes, or talk to my art teacher about being able to do them. I'm a freshman, it's kind of weird for people to be all, "LEMME SEE YOUR SKETCHBOOK LOLOLOL" and see monsters and half-naked people. >>;;
Copying from life is definitely better than copying from something like a book. :/

... How much did this camp cost again? >> I'd so love to go if they do it again next year. ; ; *no good art camps in the area*