Saturday, April 18, 2009

Alex and Poon

Around a year ago (wow, has it been that long?) I did the "Danielle" painting based off a stock photo. I wanted to do more portraits (particularly some male ones) but never got around to it! Well, last night I was suddenly filled with the desire to paint. But there are a lot less male stock photos available and I didn't find one that I liked - so... I asked Tiff to send me some photos of our friends and painted them instead! 8D
Not sure if I captured Alex's likeness... but it was still SO fun, and it's just been forever since I've been able to work with this thick, real, touchable paint that gets on my fingers, and sit in my room staying up til 3am, just painting because I feel like it and I love it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Janice! oh my these look absolutely amazing. the last time I tried acrylics was a couple of weeks ago and my little sister can literally do better than me LOL. I've yet to try oils, but I don't think I'm geared up for anything other than pencil T____T

Anonymous said...

you paint so well. i love your brushstrokes. they're so controlled but at the same time spontaneous. i like both of them alot.

leyla said...

your color choices are always so wonderful.

maggie w said...

LOL nice